Monday, February 4, 2013

The dresser I died over...

I have always loved the style and durability of older furniture. But, I did not know true love until I saw a refinished dresser that Virginia did over at LiveLoveDIY. (http://www.livelovediy.com/2012/02/50-craigslist-dresser-makeover.html?m=1).

I died over this dresser! I had to have one!

I looked and searched (obsessed) about finding the right one. You can ask my husband, he probably hates this dresser after how much I talked about it! I finally found exactly what I was looking for at an estate sale in Springfield. The before picture isn't a great one. I actually took a picture of my screen to send to me husband (did I mention I was excited?). It was in great condition but the finish was scratched and needed updating.

I did the exterior Creamy White by Behr and the interior a pale yellow. I left the pulls and painted them silver. The middle knobs I replace with vintage glass ones.

I actually have another provincial dresser in inventory right now that I also die for! I am itching to finish it after seeing how this turned out! 

Before:


After:







2 comments:

Search This Blog